Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wherein All Secrets Are Revealed… (10/12/07)

Not really though.

I’m feeling much better after last week’s wee little rant, so I won’t subject you all to that again. Of course, I was considering putting this off until tomorrow morning. Until I realized that I would not in fact be going out on a date tonight. Stupid Elation boys who make a big deal out of how long it will be until they see you again and then don’t bother to call for a second date…

But my loss is your gain! Unless of course you don’t like my little Reviews. In which case, why are you reading this? Stop now. I mean it. Only people who are happy and loving every little word and ellipsis (see Ellen, I can learn grammatical terms!) should read this. All others, turn back now. You have been warned… We begin, as is often the case with…


Ummm. What do I usually start with? OK, I’m going to go check which forum needs reviewing. Just a moment… Apparently, we begin with the Seven Seas Lobby:

- But not for long, since the only news from that quarter is that unfolding has filled her room.


Well that was anticlimactic. Huh. Maybe The Victory will be more exciting:

- Apparently we are all now on the Frappr map, since there haven’t been so many posts about it this week. Let the stalking begin!

- 2kids5cats is a lazy, good-for-nothing person who has yet to send out wristbands. We should shun her. SHHHHHUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!!!

- Carrie95b2000 is not going to be on the Riviera Deck. But I’m sure she’s a nice person anyway.

- There was much lively debate about what exactly would be needed on the cruise and how that related to the size of luggage to be carried. This, naturally, led to much lively debate about Marilyn Manson.

- Karaoke – the thread that just won’t die.

- Remember people – peroxide is not a good mixer.

- Hertz has confirmed that they have a shuttle from their rental car drop to the Port. And I bet that shuttle will get to the Port earlier than the shuttle from the host hotels, which means that all you rental car people will be in front of me in the boarding line, just like last year… Sigh…

- There has been much booking of hotels this week. So much so that the Marriott and the Courtyard Hotels are full. Fortunately for those who did not book there, it would appear that many fine hotels are available rather cheaply from Priceline-type websites.

- MotownGuyinWI and Musical Genius are incredibly ambitious and fit people who are planning to run the half-marathon in Miami. I would do the same except a) I don’t like running, b) I’m pretty sure a half-marathon would kill me, and c) I just plain to simply toast them and their accomplishments with my first on-board fruity drink.

- There are people driving from Orlando to Miami for the cruise. If you would like to be one of them, you shouldn’t bring too much luggage.

- CayCay will be in San Diego on the 26th and 27th of this month. Don’t let her enjoy the sunshine alone!

- Hey guys! Fin’s back! Or he was. Not that he answered any questions. Or stuck around for more than one little post. But you take what you can get, I suppose…


Now I will awkwardly use Fin’s musical context to transition badly to talking about the Caribbean Lounge:

- I informed you all that Craig Cardiff would be a cool addition to the cruise. And am apparently doing so again.

- Our discussion of disliked BNL songs led to a discussion of liking/disliking Kevin’s singing. In the end though, can you really dislike someone who describes his own voice as Kermit-like?

- We also liked BNL songs. Still. Which is a good thing, considering the cruise thing and all…

- 2kids has way cooler computer conversations with bands than I’ve ever had. Not a surprise, since no band or singer has ever deigned to reply to me… We also found out that half an article by Brian is very entertaining until it stops and then is frustrating.

- Gaelic Storm will be in Chicago at some point. Since there is no chance of me being there, I’m not going to re-check the date. I have to leave something for the rest of you to do, don’t I?

- Not to be nit-picky or anything, but why are we using the “Confirmed Artists Thread” to discuss such things as college rivalries and a general hatred of Ohio?


Probably a question without an answer, kind of like “What’s the meaning of life?” or “Is there a God?” Only less profound. Fortunately, my pathetic lack of profundity does not keep us from enjoying the inanity that is the Grand Buffet (I’m really bringing out the stupid transitions today, aren’t I?):

- The way Lauren got her job sounds like one of those never-actually-happens, dream-come-true type things. Lucky Lauren!

- The Canadians on this board had the opportunity this week to eat lots and lots of turkey (and strange bean dishes). Or tofurkey, if they swing that way.

- WildEagle hasn’t posted any Stupid Quotes for about 5 days. He needs to remedy this.

- While I didn’t actually get around to DVRing Friday Night Lights last week (sorry), the insistency of Garyrulez’s pleas did motivate me to check out the back episodes on the NBC website. Having now watched about half of the first season this way, I can agree wholeheartedly that this is indeed a fine show that deserves your viewership. Even if it is about football…

- I was a Woodpecker, although being an Utter wouldn’t be so bad either.

- Apparently my parents aren’t the only ones disorganized enough to lose Christmas presents. I’m still going to tease them mercilessly about it.

- annaonthemoon and sarah11918 are going to be dining at the California Pizza Kitchen in the mall in King of Prussia, PA on Tuesday, should any of you be in the neighborhood.

- The aforementioned Sarah had a dream about the cruise and might need some Help! dealing with her issues.

- nvcatgut made another Brian Wilson video, which is much easier to hear than the previous one.

- That artist dude took another picture of naked people. Ours is still better.

- I also neglected to DVR 49-Up. Sorry Shell.

- However 1984ish such systems are, Nexus passes suddenly seem worth the effort when you get stuck waiting behind 300 cars for an hour at the border…

- Should I be worried that WeedMage’s inspiring and philosophical story mostly made me want a glass of wine? Or two?

- You’d think that the government that wants to monitor our actions for potential threats before any crime is committed would make it easier to get fingerprinted. You’d think that, but you’d be wrong…

- When it comes down to it, “Ned Flanders” might just be the most Goth name of all.

- Furtaonley msot of the polepe riedang tihs braod are steamrr tahn aegrvae. Tihs is rlaely hrad to wtrie wtih aitoamuc sleipnlg ccehk.

- NikkiPoooo thinks that Eric Hutchinson is a good singer. As a person of confirmed good music taste, we might want to believe her.

- I am now picturing polyester_angel at her work Christmas party, jingle bells hanging from her dress and seamed stockings on her legs…

- As MoodyCat found out this week, Nature doesn’t always give the most thoughtful birthday gifts…

- If the idea of being surrounded by a bunch of sea creatures didn’t creep me out so much, MotownGuy’s photos would totally make me want to go scuba diving.

- It would appear that we will never truly be rid of the peeping appliances, no matter how many trips down the Finchy branch of memory lane we take to get away from them.

- I get to meet Sarah in New York tomorrow! Yay!

- We were haiku-less.
Fortunately they returned.
Now I am happy.

- Just so that no one gets offended ever again, I will now detail all of my personal experience with every member of this board that I’ve actually met. katenev_BNL stood behind me in the cruise-boarding line last year. I met NiceyDoodle and WildEagle repeatedly throughout the cruise. anaria and polyester_angel will be my roommates next year (I also ate lunch with PA in Montreal back in July). dawezl and Muppetcoat traveled with me to Buffalo in June, where I also met quinbooka, CayCay, Suebee42, and probably a bunch of other people. While I was in Washington state in August, I went to a Renaissance Fair with WeedMage and to the gathering with 2kids, her husband, and Barenakedesq. Nikki came to visit New York last month and stayed with me, having many adventures. And Muppetcoat (who currently lives within walking distance of me) has been hung out with several times. Are you all happy now???

- There was some more discussion about interesting-sounding books that I have not read.

- I’m sure that none of us really believe that celebrities get preferential treatment in the criminal justice system.

- Do you think that Garyrulez would disclose the location of the Rulez Estate, Farm, Hatchery, and Ostrich/Giraffe Habitat if I gave him a $1,000,000 bill?

- Carbon Leaf will be playing in Philadelphia on December 12. I think they may be playing in New York sometime around then as well…

- The mention of several mysterious and apparently unfindable BNL videos suddenly makes me desperate to see them. Sigh…

- The Guys Talked about Jodie Foster, the Hannibal Lecter movies/books, and hockey. This may represent unprecedented variety for this thread!

- Boggle is better than Scrabble. Anyone who feels differently is just wrong.

- Body hair might be considered a weird topic on some message boards. On this board, it has inspired two pages of discussion in a short time.

- However interesting Indiana and giraffes may be to you people, the thread was about MY future career! Of all the threads to go off-topic…

- Does it betray my incredible innocence about certain topics to admit that I had to Google Harry Reems?

- Going alone to a concert may not be ideal, but it’s a whole lot better than not going at all (says the person who happily saw 3 out of her first 4 BNL concerts all by her lonesome).

- Back in my day, we didn’t get cookies, sparkly stars, or fireworks for a measly 100 posts. We had to work for our virtual rewards. We posted through the snow, uphill both ways, and still didn’t get any fireworks until 1000…

- In the interest of accuracy, I need to point out that my answer for quote number 19 is incorrect. George Bernard Shaw said “He who can does, he who cannot teaches.”

- I just dropped hard-boiled egg on my pants. If the preceding sentence is your idea of the perfect post, then get thee to the Random thread!

- 200 pages of the ABC thread and we’re still having trouble with Y…

- Should we be worried about how thoroughly many people on this board are identifying with The Big Bang Theory? It’s like we’re all nerds or something…

- I should know better by now than to follow a link described by the phrase: “There are times you can literally hear the screech of millions of mosquitoes caught in those webs.”

- It would probably suck to have an ex on Ships & Dip with you. Fortunately, just about everyone I know thinks my BNL obsession is more than a little nutty, thus making this problem rather unlikely for me.


Hey! The Stupid Elation boy just left me a message. I wonder what his excuse will be… Since it’s time for this exercise in insanity to be finished now, I think I’ll go check…

No comments:

Post a Comment