Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday is the new Friday (7/19/07)

At least it is this week. I’m heading to Philadelphia tomorrow and will not be posting (really, I mean it this time – the computer is not coming), so the Week must end on a Thursday. Although it’s not far off Friday at this point… Since I have to get up at the crack ( :D) of dawn tomorrow, I should already be heading to bed. But I’m not. Because I am devoted to this board and to its need to have everything repeated weekly in a Reader’s Digest-like post. Also because I accidentally slept in way late this morning and am not tired yet. Very bad planning on my part.

However, since I do need to go to bed at some point, I’ll get to it.


The Victory was fairly busy this week:

- The Northwest gathering is still on, even if we don’t need to plan at this point. Alaina should definitely come

– I might be able to offer a ride…

- The Radio DJ of the week is Andy Hunt. I don’t know who this is, but I’m sure his radio show is wonderful.

- More UK people will be joining us in January. I think they’re invading

– 1776 all over again… If you are one of the invading UK people, you can somehow turn your grocery shopping into a cheaper hotel stay.

- nvcatgut would like a haunted cabin and will apparently be coming equipped to deal with any ghosts that may arrive. You know, with the guitar and ghost-hunting equipment, he’s going to have a lot of luggage.

- This is the final call for wristbands. Or it will be at the end of the month anyway. If you would like to be approached by crazy board members on the cruise, you should buy one. If you would not like to be approached on the cruise, you should contact Garyrulez about identity concealment.

- Several more people will be at Show 2, including velma, who got what might be the greatest birthday present in the history of the universe.

- ToasterBoy’s open mic host campaign has resurfaced. I haven’t noticed much competition, but he can still have my vote.


Meanwhile, over in the Seven Seas Lobby:

- The potential cabin including CountAbby, Jackie Lynn, and andimarie was poised on the verge of booking. And then they stopped posting. You can’t build us up and then disappear like that! Actually, you can. But I’ll complain.


And then leave for the Caribbean Lounge:

- Some of us (possibly many of us) have lots and lots of BNL tracks. Within those many, many BNL tracks, there can often be an obscene number of repeated tracks. Fortunately, I am quite fond of all 14 of my Brian Wilson recordings…

- Oakhurst is playing Ohio this week. There seems to be some question as to whether they’ll be on the cruise next year. Hopefully they will – I never ran into them in the elevator and have been feeling terribly deprived as a result.

- A few sample Guster playlists confirmed for me that they never do play Happy Frappy. Very sad. They will have a rather odd tour schedule over the next week. But will be playing in Philadelphia, so I’m happy.

- The lovers of Mike Doughty reiterated their love.

- Several bands (or whatever), including Scythian, the Rheostatics, Weird Al, They Might Be Giants, and the Kids in the Hall were requested. Wouldn’t it be neat if all of our requests were granted? Although it might be kind of crowded on the boat…

- bnlkindagirl hearts Steve from afar…


I have no witty segue into the Grand Buffet, so I’ll just start:

- There were no more stories this week. Sigh…

- Advice was given about how to do a “Dirty Bill Gates.”

- T.B.A. posted about supporting the troops, including photos rarely shown on the media.

- We now know what BNL would look like as Simpsons’ characters. They would look very yellow.

- Celebrity, be it a Kevin song or a Steve song (or an Ed song, for that matter), is lovely. And is possibly responsible for my extreme fan-ness of BNL.

- Some people dislike the taste of water. Maybe if they drank gourmet water, it would be better. But I bet it still doesn’t taste like much…

- Dogs with strange genetic conditions that make them extremely muscular are kind of weird looking. But I bet nobody would attack you if you were walking that dog!

- There was a fair amount of discussion about the new Harry Potter movie. I would have gone to see it, but I have to spend all of my time obsessing about the new book (only about 24 hours to go!) and can’t bother with the movie until then.

- If you have a lot of moles on your skin, you might live longer. If you have a lot of moles in your garden, you just get a bumpy lawn.

- Do you remember when the woman from Burn Notice danced with a blind Al Pacino? I think she may have had another accent in that movie…

- It May Be All About Carbon, but I wouldn’t know, since I was too lazy to check out the link. And another person’s apathy destroys the planet…

- Double-meaning names seem to have, at least briefly, killed the ABCs. Which is sad, because we forgot Y again.

- There were more Not-Stupid quotes.

- Has anyone ever wondered how many accidents are caused yearly by people reading and trying to figure out the meaning of personalized license plates? I bet it’s a lot.

- I got a new camera. I really like my new camera. I mean I really like my new camera. You should see all the pictures I didn’t post.

- WildEagle, who needs to post more and work less, is no longer the only crazy person with more than 3000 posts. I do too. personal venus and 2kids should be joining such insanity shortly.

- The Girls (and several Guys) talked about how to meet people, whether online or not. athousanddreams met a guy at the grocery store and should definitely call him. There will be a chaperoned singles party on the cruise. The chaperones had just better focus on how and with what they will be spiking the punch – alcohol makes meeting people a whole lot easier.

- Big Love is a good show, especially in the summer when there’s nothing else on. Shell likes the pretty ladies…

- Many things, including a frog that tells you if your house is flooding, were wooted off today.

- Sixthman sent nvcatgut a birthday message. Is this standard? Will I get one? That would be cool!

- Our collective knowledge of all things Simpsons continues to astound and amaze.

- new_odyssey came back after a rough time. Hope the message board helps!

- Rechargeable batteries are very expensive, and there are now 25 pages of random stuff.

- Swag has been received! Sixthman is cool! Give us more stuff!

- Which ladie are you? Which ladie are you if you are offended by the spelling of ladie?

- There was much good news. But nothing was anywhere near as cool as Musical Genius’ Emmy nomination!

- The film Stardust might be cool. Another thing I will think about after reading the latest Harry Potter.

- Michael Vick allegedly was involved in dog fighting. Many of us allegedly share our birthdays with famous people, like Martin Van Buren (that’s the guy in the first picture in my post).


Hey! It’s Friday now! I got it in on the right day! More or less… Of course, I’ll be doing this on Thursday again next week, as Friday will be devoted to another trip to Philly…

No comments:

Post a Comment