Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Gift for the Whiners (9/29/07)

You impatient people! I put off writing this for one day and there’s a new thread about it! Sigh… So now I am forced to work really hard to get this thing done before I run off for an afternoon of drinking with a friend. Don’t you all understand that my social life takes priority over these things? Obviously not…

So, to begin.


With the Indian Library:

- cturtle1@fuse.net made the mistake of hiding her naked photo, and now it is nowhere to be found. I would suggest checking the current ABC game thread for ideas…

- There seem to be a multitude of kidney transplant people on this board. They’re bonding.


And now I run along to the Seven Seas Lobby:

- Where, alas, KathiK has decided not to join us…

- But Carrie95b2000 (that kind of sounds like a robot name, doesn’t it?) would really like to come with us.

- Although not with cricket, who filled her cabin.

- She should maybe room with Shutterbug who is a totally cool person who absolutely MUST find a room for the upcoming cruise (sorry, I feel strongly about my last-year-line-buddies all making it back onto the cruise ).

- Or maybe with Tessa and her friend…


So many looking to come along… And if any of these people suddenly feel an immense surge of gratitude at my advertising for them, they can always use me as a referral (Sixthman ID: SXM-345380) when booking… Hint, hint, hint… Oh well. I’m going to go deal with The Victory now:

- As of a week ago, there were still a few wristbands, so contact 2kids5cats if you want to be one of the cool kids!

- Final payments are due on Oct. 27, so start saving those pennies (which are good for drinks on the boat as well).

- Carbon Leaf and Great Big Sea both do Mary Mac songs. I should check out the Great Big Sea one… Maybe after I achieve my goal of actually learning the words to the Carbon Leaf version (it seems like such a worthy, lofty goal).

- Despite allegations that no one was there, many of us felt the need to assert our presence at polyester_angel’s PJ birthday party last year. As for this year’s version of the PJ party, many of us female types were very excited to find out that there will be at least one BOY attending said party with us! Who claims to bear a resemblance to a certain bass player…

- I think a big hot tub for the Naked Photo is an idea both wonderful and horrifying at the same time. Sixthman should make this happen.

- Some people are bringing their kids. Some people are fortunate enough to have a significant other willing to keep those kids at home for the cruising pleasure of their beloved.

- There’s a radio station giving away a free cruise. I would be excited about this if I was not a) already booked on the cruise or b) not eligible for the stupid (Elation) contest anyway…

- justapieceofme will be joining the Riviera deck party.

- Rental cars, taxis, and shuttles from the airport to the port are complicated and annoying. Possibly going in together for such services might help this problem. Possibly not. I would explain what was found out, but all the information has sufficiently confused me to the point where it seems like the best plan might just be to walk to the port. That wouldn’t be hard, would it?

- If you’re already packing for the cruise (should I be doing this?), there is now a thread to advise you. If you’re not already packing, don’t worry, I am sure this thread will return in the future…

- It’s official! “Browncoats” refers to fans of Firefly/Serenity/anything else from the laudable oeuvre of Joss Whedon. I’m all for midnight showings…

- charmed one is looking for a hang-out buddy at Heathrow. No luck yet, but there are an awful lot of long-sounding flights that people are taking… Mine’s only 2.5 hours (hopefully), so I should probably refrain from any sarcastic comments here. - Embrace your inner Sally (or Sallie)!

- The Frappr thing posted by PJ is totally cool. If you want to see my neighborhood, zoom in on the New York pin. I plan to virtually stalk you all in the very near future…

- If you ask Lauren questions, she might send you stuff! Lauren is cool!!!


But even Lauren’s coolness is not making the clocks tick any slower, so my schedule dictates that we now move on to the Caribbean Lounge:

- The love of Steve has been rediscovered in Britain…

- The love of Boothby Graffoe as well…

- The love of Carbon Leaf, meanwhile, continued, despite some reservations about Celtic music from one person…

- Guster played Portland this week. And apparently enjoyed a lovely meal with Barenakedesq.

- folkstar’s Guster videos are very, very good. Almost made me feel like I was there. Which would be more impressive if I hadn’t been there (a whole two people away…).

- Rankin has a lot of old photos of BNL. In another forum, that might be considered a bit odd. Around here, there was no comment, other than joy, of course.

- Willy Porter was suggested for the cruise. Anyone who inspires travel for music can’t be bad!

- Possibly in reaction to another thread in this forum, a few people let us know what their favorite BNL songs were…

- Some of which will likely be included in the BNL DVD soon to come out. Just in time for my birthday too!

- Despite our deep and abiding love for BNL, we also sometimes think they suck.


As does the amount of time already spent on this thing. Why does everyone keep posting so much? It’s not fair! It’s not right! It’s not going any faster by complaining! So I instead move on, on to the Grand Buffet:

- Qlipboard can be used to stage examples of why the United States is routinely condemned by Amnesty International for human rights abuses. Only with a doll in this case. So it’s probably OK.

- iaboy12 incited mass confusion and posting panic when he hit the “post topic” button instead of “post reply.” This has never, ever happened to me…

- However, in brilliantly commenting on 9/11 and its attending effects on the world, iaboy12 made up for our pain and suffering (which was caused by our own foolishness anyway).

- And then he went and brought up the pain and suffering caused by the now infamous (albeit imaginary) cruise known as Ships and Dip II…

- I am just disappointed that no one thought to combine the “World’s Largest…” thread with the “Ron Jeremy” thread. That would have been different…

- Survivor has fortunately (for me) not been discussed as much as that other reality show was.

- The lady who played Esmeralda on Bewitched died.

- If I knew what “Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style” was, I’d probably be more worried about what he would say about my (lack of) style.

- I may be in the minority of people around here who liked the theme song for Big Bang Theory better than the show itself. Perhaps I just don’t want it rubbed in how nerdy I myself am…

- Although I don’t quite understand what the AT&T Uverse is, so maybe I’m not as nerdy as I think.

- The sound on my computer went away. Then it came back. And Alaina may have shot her speakers through her love of music… Ah the irony!

- PA’s student teaching went well, despite the somewhat lax dress code for the men…

- A cute little puppy doing tricks on the internet is WAY less frightening and/or disturbing than a person in a chicken suit doing the same sorts of things.

- MotownGuyinWI ranted about the Stupid Elation scuba people who badly scheduled his fancy scuba class that I don’t understand due to my fear of creepy sea creatures who have kept me from ever wanting to go scuba diving.

- Would Jesus smoke pot? It’s these serious religious questions that should be occupying our time on this board. Oh well.

- Although not many
Were written late in this week
Haikus are still cool!

- Sleep paralysis sounds like the scariest thing since the Subservient Chicken!

- Goof’s day sucked. That sucks. Hopefully the days since then have been better!

- Showtime let me watch Dexter for free. But I am not going to buy Showtime. Really I’m not. Can’t afford it. I just have to keep telling myself that…

- If the people in Philly have a completely set date for a party, with a place, time, and single men, and if I could actually get to said party via public transit, I would totally make the road trip for it.

- In his continuing work to show us how cool Qlippit is, nvcatgut made a Brian Wilson video. That should do it…

- To possibly misquote “Bye Bye Birdie”: Kids these days! What’s the matter with kids these days! If you would like to know, please read the thread.

- Babies and toddlers require a lot of work. As I am a lazy person who thinks that they should just figure out the peeing thing on their own, it is perhaps good that I don’t have any kids.

- A feeling which is only reinforced by that insanely big baby.

- The thread about the giant grub went off topic. Much lack of surprise was expressed.

- I would post a response in the ABC thread but I can’t find the place where my interesting responses are kept. And even if I could, they wouldn’t begin with a D.

- There’s something slightly creepy about BNL dressed in Brady Bunch garb. Probably because there’s just something creepy about Brady Bunch garb period.

- My favorite toast is wheat bread with peanut butter, which was totally not the point of the thread. But we went there anyway.

- Ahmadinejad came to Columbia this week. And I’m tired of the whole topic and so will not add anything to that right now.

- Randomness happened. As it always does.

- Flying solo is most definitely not a bad thing. Although we’re all freaks here, so what do we know?

- NikkiPoooo’s niece is cute. You should vote for her.

- Wisconsin leases are just plain weird. And are causing much hardship for KatieSue04.

- Prefab Sprout is a good name for a band.

- The ***** ****** FCC will probably be censoring/fining this ****** board soon, so I’ll try to be ***** careful.

- We can now legally call the Iranian army terrorists, if you’re keeping track of who all the terrorists are.

- I just want to know what P.D.A. stands for. I really don’t know…

- I know very well it’s not the same thing, Garyrulez. But there are similarities, so there.

- The new TV shows on the networks started this week! Amazingly, I still managed to go out of my apartment a few times anyway. Ah, the magic of the DVR!

- Potty training, crushes, and my online dating. Thus, the Girl Talk.

- drumgroovy’s dedication to this cruise is something I can not help but applaud.

- Thanks to 2kids, we can shop cheaply at Kohl’s! Well, I can’t, since I don’t know where any Kohl’s stores are and don’t have any money anyway. But the rest of you can! Unless you live in Canada. But the rest of you… Oh whatever.

- Stupid quotes make my day.

- There’s something strangely cool about celebrities holding teddy bears. Especially when it’s for good causes!

- More ideas for weight loss have been posted. May I suggest my own plan? Start writing a Week in Review around the time you would be eating lunch. Then you run out of time to actually eat lunch because this thing takes so f’in long to write…

- Michelle in WI is not going on the cruise. But it’s because she’s going to be adopting a baby! So :D :D :D

- 2kids5cats, personal venus, and bobz are whiners. Unfortunately, I have just indulged them. Stupid Elation! And now I’m done.


And it’s only 10 minutes after I had planned to leave to meet my friend. Apparently my social life does not take precedence over this. How very, very sad…

No comments:

Post a Comment