Saturday, April 25, 2009

Big, fluffy bunnies and black jelly beans are just wrong. (10/26/07)

If you understand the title of this Week in Review, you might just be spending too much time on the board. If you do not understand the title, you are a wimp who needs to spend more time reading the board and less time relying on these Reviews to keep up with what is posted. I can’t do everything for you, can I?

No. And I possibly won’t even be writing all of this Week in Review at once either. I have a friend coming to visit, possibly any minute now. And real life (I do have one, you know) does tend to trump the board. At least occasionally.


So I guess I should just get down to it then. And down to it, this week, means down to the Indian Library:

- Where we reassured charmed one that the naked picture isn’t all that scary. After all, what could possibly be scary about hundreds and hundreds of people randomly taking all of their clothes off and screaming?

But nakedness is all that there was to see in that forum, so it’s off to the Seven Seas Lobby, home of those who have a strange desire to join us:

- kodipper, and possibly her friend, would like to share your cabin. They wouldn’t want to share my cabin. It already has five people in it. Somewhat reminiscent of a clown car. If you still don’t understand that reference after Lauren’s explanation of it (in the Caribbean Lounge), then you are simply hopeless.

- Now back to people looking for cabins. Or hotel rooms, in the case of cynthiadogmom, who is looking for a roommate for her hotel room after the cruise.

- kasharose and biochemgeek both want to go on the cruise. Will they room together? A mystery…


And one that will not be solved in this Review. Because there is far too much information in The Victory to waste any time wondering about the mysteries of this world:

- NiceyDoodle informed us that she had a new job and would be on the board more often. NiceyDoodle is a liar. Who should tell WildEagle to dump his silly WarBook thing and get back here. I need my Stupid Quotes!

- For those of you who missed out on any of the Sixthman e-mails, there is apparently an archive of said e-mails. Does this archive make my Reviews redundant? Have I just been wasting my time for all of these months? Probably, actually. Maybe I should ask questions like that.

- Insurance is a good thing, since the universe might be a mean and evil thing that prevents you from cruising.

- Carmela has joined the ranks of those who call themselves “Virgins.”

- It would appear that the Ships and Dip Cabin Map needs updating. NikkiPoooo should get right on that. I’d feel bad about telling her to do work, but I’m doing more. So there.

- anachronistic and knbeagle are bringing their kids. They are nice parents. I’d probably leave the kids at home if I had any, because I’m not so nice. It’s probably a good thing that I don’t have kids…

- In case anyone wants to know absolutely anything about booze on the cruise, I suggest the QUESTIONS thread. I’m pretty sure that every conceivable alcohol topic has been covered at this point. What a bunch of lushes we all plan to be… If you don’t drink, you might still want to check out this thread so that you can ponder the best backpack colors and jelly bean flavors (not black).

- Sixthman sent an e-mail and its correction this week. I got the correction first too.

- I have never flown Skybus and already have several plane tickets for the cruise, so I have very little to say about it. I’m sure it’s very nice.

- It can be very difficult to book a room in a full hotel. Of course, it can sometimes be very difficult to book a room in an empty hotel.

- Unless the entire state burns up, which is unfortunately starting to sound possible, the people of Southern California are well on their way to meeting up again and making the rest of us look like total slackers.

- If you’ve changed your address since the last cruise, you need to update your address, unless you want the new occupants of your former home to get all sorts of cruise info. This might not be a bad idea if you want to make them jealous.

- annaonthemoon has two extra wristbands that she’s willing to sell you if you were too slow to join the cool wristband-owning club the first time around.

- You don’t need to bring a hairdryer on the cruise. You might, however, wish to bring a bottle of some sort. If so, there appears to be an infinite number of options on that front. All of which can be filled with booze, lovely booze.

- If you were quick today, you could have gotten a free, signed poster from Lauren. I wasn’t quick.

- Nikki’s survival at her first Hashing thingy has piqued the interest of others. I am completely and totally in if this happens on the boat…

- Mari, who appears to be the type to fit right in here (8 posts in 3 hours!), will be joining us. She is a cool person who likes the idea of star-watching and swimming with dolphins. I like people who like the same things as me.

- Fin’s been back several times to answer questions. So if you’re not like me and can actually think of something good to ask, you should do so.

- Thanks to Becca and Lauren, my job here is totally moot, since there is now a thread that simply links interested parties to important information. However, if you like your information liberally seasoned with mockery and sarcasm, this might still be your best source. Assuming of course that I ever finish this.


Fortunately for the lot of you, my friend hasn’t shown up yet, so I will continue on to the Caribbean Lounge:

- leprrkan wanted to find out about Carbon Leaf and Great Big Sea. Hopefully she did so.

- And reminded us about Michael Brennan, which is good, because he’s really, really cool…

- More dislike of BNL songs was tempered by nice things said about Andy.

- If you’re tired of reading about music, you can play hangman, in honor of Halloween. NOTE: The writer of this Review does not in any way condone the racist, religious, or otherwise objectionable connotations of this game/holiday, if such connotations exist, not that I can comment one way or another on them.

- The Steve-love had to share space this week with Christopher Moore-love and John Stamos-love.

- Oval Opus is no longer Oval Opus. That seems a lot deeper than it probably is.

- If you didn’t like the old favorite Guster songs thread, there’s a new one that you might like better.

- Adam Gardner testified in front of Congress, which is just plain cool.

- In case you missed one of the 80,000 threads on the subject BNL were on Live with Regis and Kelly yesterday. Live with Regis and Kelly, however, is a stupid (Elation) show that shouldn’t make people wait out in the rain for hours, hoping that they’ll get in, before cruelly dashing their hopes. Not that it would have mattered anyway, since they thought pumpkins were more interesting than BNL anyway…

- In other “television that I don’t get to watch” news, the Steve segment of “Who Do You Think You Are?” was shown on CBC. Apparently it was good.

- I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that the album that sold the most copies was the one to draw in the largest number of fans.

- People are still happy about the inclusion of Great Big Sea.

- People are somewhat less happy with the idea that Jake after Jimmy might be joining us on the cruise. I say we discredit him on the whole 21-year-old issue. It’s just plain false advertising. Otherwise, I’m liking the plank idea…

- In case you were worried that there wouldn’t be enough entertainment on the boat, you’ll be happy to know that Harvey Danger, Sarah Perrotta, Kurt Swinghammer, Jason Collett, and Howie Beck have all been added.


And my friend still isn’t here. I guess the traffic is bad or something. Stupid Elation Fridays. Hopefully she’ll be here soon. But not before I finish with the Grand Buffet:

- Although I understand why it happened this way, the edited first post of the “Let’s Make a Deal” thread makes the whole thing kind of nonsensical.

- Thank you, WeedMage, for providing a Stupid Quote this week. But it’s just not the same without WE!!!

- The singles’ party and pajama party are at the same time. Take this as you will.

- Instead of writing this, I should probably be working on my Color Blind Avenger superhero costume. But my dedication to all of you keeps me writing. You should feel very lucky.

- I used to check the Astronomy Picture of the Day site a lot. I don’t anymore. Apparently, my geekiness has shifted its focus in recent years.

- The WAKE UP! video only proves, once again, that cats are indeed evil and want to get us.

- The movie, Southland, sounds… interesting. We’ll see if it ends up sounding anything else.

- I’ve been kind of busy this week, or else I totally would’ve started playing that online Boggle. Oh well. I guess I’ll save it for the cruise.

- polyester_angel is a good daughter who gave her parents a cool anniversary gift. Other people seem to have given similarly cool presents to their parents. I’m now feeling excessively about just giving my parents a card this year.

- I hope you all understand now how dangerous a topic “Favorite Lyrics” is for someone like me, a person with a slight “excessive wordiness” problem…

- Although I still don’t get how the spinning model was supposed to show which handedness our brains had, it was still amusing.

- shell824 had a plumbing mishap. If it really was elephant poop, you have to tell us what happened!

- Viva Laughlin is no more. Although, if anyone ever tries to resurrect it in a puppet format, I will so be the first person to tune in.

- sarah11918 and her husband really do spend a lot of time in Philly. But possibly not at the same time as cool concerts.

- It sounds like all the people on this board from Southern California are OK. Which is good, since, despite their annoying overachieverness, they’re still cool people that I want to cruise with in a few months!

- My shower never says anything to me. It doesn’t have cool lights either. I feel so deprived now.

- nvcatgut has added If I Had $1,000,000 to his burgeoning BNL Qlippit collection.

- I meant to watch Carpoolers when its season started. Then I forgot. I watch too much TV anyway.

- The fact that Dennis Kucinich saw a UFO actually makes me like him more. But I’m weird that way.

- Guy Talk? Hockey.

- The California fires have highlighted again the stupidity (Elationity) of people who think that they can win in a fight against Nature.

- I really hope someone finds that BNL in bed clip soon. I know I’ve seen it before, but I have no idea of where to find it. And now I want to watch it again. This is not good.

- Meetings are boring. Anything that can liven them must be good.

- I have raisins on my desk. And I love that we have the random thread for when I feel the need to say that.

- They wooted off again. There’s a lot of electronic crap out there, isn’t there?

- I’m sure peanut butter lizards are tasty, but I’m still a little bit nervous about them… Might be the avatar of the person who posted the recipe…

- The busiest thread on the board this week is the Dumbledore out of the closet thread. Not so much because of the Dumbledore controversy. More because of the weirdness or OKness of those who engage in fantasy activities (by the way, LARPers is probably one of the coolest new words to say I’ve heard in awhile). Some of us castigated them. Some of us upheld their right to insanity. I personally think that we, as people on a message board for a cruise devoted to a band that many of us are somewhat obsessed with, should probably think long and hard before mocking the insanity of others. However freaky weird they may be…

- There’s a preview for the upcoming season of 24 online. Like I said before, I already watch too much TV.

- Sixthman was mentioned briefly on the Today Show. At the same time as the almost-as-brief BNL appearance on a rival station, which is just bad timing on the networks’ part. They should have known better. But then they did identify Guster with just about every other band in existence, so I guess we shouldn’t expect too much from them.

- People still like the Big Bang Theory (except for Garyrulez apparently). I think I’ll be going back to that show starting next week. Or maybe I’m already watching too much TV and should give up a show…

- Anaria’s co-workers made a zombie movie. Cool.

- How creepy is it that the pumpkin carving guy knew we were talking about him?

- I just want to say that I didn’t use IMDB for any of my movie-association game posts. So there! Apparently, I also watch too many movies…

- Fighting for Kisses is totally cute. Why don’t they show commercials like that on TV?

- Exactly where on a resume would one put “condom tester?”

- Nikki’s OK, annaonthemoon will be cruising without Aunt Flo, birth control pills don’t screw you up so much these days, formal wear may not be necessary, and people other than me have to deal with flat hair. The guys should really emulate the Girls and talk more…

- Mari is certainly diving in with a passion, posting a new thread within hours of showing up! I’ll post a picture of myself eventually…

- And the ABCs? Still going…


And now I have to be going. Since, despite the fact that my friend is in fact stuck in traffic (just got texted), I’m still supposed to meet another friend in about 9 minutes. Oh the busy life of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment