Saturday, April 25, 2009

I was bored, OK? (11/9/07)

‘Twas a long time ago, or was it just May?
When all of the people united to say:
“Soon ‘twill be hard
There will be no board
Nothing to post on for many a day!”

But we were so wrong! It was not to be!
The message board lived, quite as strong as a tree.
The numbers kept growing,
Our group it was sowing…
Not content with one forum, we now post in three.

What does it all mean to this poor RM?
Mining the boards for the crème de la crème.
Reviews all the weeks,
All info she seeks
And presents it each week to all of them.

Over and over, again and again,
Could it be this was done with no sort of plan?
RM is now bored
She now can afford
To change some of this as she can.

So, for only one week, just one week alone,
really_mzungu is changing the tone.
The review’s now in verse
And not quite so terse.
Now you’d just better shut up – no moan!


First to The Victory where lies all you need!
To recap this forum is quite quick indeed.
First, answers from Fin
‘bout a little Creeggan
Concerts, show themes, and seeing Ed’s ass and reed.

anna and Sarah like Crocs with the liner –
Good in the cold, but without when it’s finer.
That’s not the worry
Of justapieceofme
Who needs to change two to a third of a niner.

Thanks to answers and FAQ, we are knowing
That one in a wheelchair can still be going.
Jen got the last band
To fit her small hand,
But I want to know, did she sing?

Without door contest info, we all get the blues,
Though against artsy people, I only will lose.
But a fun beach party
In Orlando with nansea –
Is something to do ere the cruise.

For her cool magnets, Becca was given passes
From Sixthman – those cool lads and lasses!
They also sent posters
To those whose luck is the mosters,
But Gary still sues all our asses…

I think it is possible to import tea,
Even if the US has tips of PG.
Some folks in white gloves –
High tea’s what they loves.
Have any won a cabin and who might they be?

kodipper and Sarah both have just booked.
Red Roof was cheap, when those who cared looked.
But do little prop planes
Endure winter pains?
Or do their wee wings simply get bent and crooked?

For seasickness, there might not be a cure,
But many with ginger and bracelets hope to endure.
Others might smoke
Or should I say toke?
Oh, and Hertz rates for cruise time are now quite sure!

Such cool BNL things did Suebee design!
Sucks that that the system just won’t take mine…
The browncoats are meeting,
Though their show was quite fleeting
We can recall its coolness, line by great line.

Though the night goes not to James Bond,
Formal wear will still, by some, be donned.
Others in capris,
On men, they don’t please
Unless worn by performers of whom we are fond.


And now to the Seven Seas Lobby we go –
The place where people like mfield will know
If there is some space
For another bright face
In a cabin on our own cruise furlough?


Caribbean Lounge:
Time for a haiku breakdown.
Just for this forum.

Mature? For one night –
Ellen and dr. evil.
So no Carbon Leaf…

An urban legend?
Did he play with BNL?
Brian Wilson… Hmmm…

Great Big Sea is liked
By nansea (and others too).
I mean really liked.

So many artists
Coming on the cruise with us.
Hard to sample all.

Don’t get “ID3,”
But Becca wants info on
Specific banter.

Late Anaria
Missed the “Top 10 BNL” –
Joined there by Becca.

Gaelic Storm’s Patrick –
Not the only one there is.
In GBS show?

Two bands and hockey?
We need to build them a rink,
Even if it’s hot.

90210 –
Season 7, “Spring Breakdown…”
Soap Network showing!

Steve on CBC –
I will so watch this online.
Thanks, ZiggyNJ!

Guster in movies
Is just cool to see and hear.
I should go watch them.

Some like Mike Doughty –
His music and his bacon.
Some people do not.

Jason Plumb for me!
November Twenty-Second.
Bringing my friend too…

Ed’s Up show sounds sick
Too much sh*t, not enough f*ck…
Still want to see it…

Our Steve love lives on…
Steve in a chef’s hat is weird,
But still kinda hot.

Ed and the freezie.
Funniest moment ever.
Oh his poor, poor wife…

slacker.com – cool!
Although somewhat like Itunes,
Except on the web.

Talk to the Hand – Yay!
Vivisection and Yoko
Make me so happy!


Now to the Buffet, home of bacon and peeps,
Where all starts on topic, but then kind of leaps
Into what’s more insane,
Or maybe inane?
Well, the posting is crazy, often coming in heaps.

First some congrats to WeedMage, MG
1000 posts – a good goal (‘less you’re Finchy…)
Also 2000 did win
annaonthemoon and Rankin –
But did anyone notice the 4000 from me?

These days the internet can grant
Even wishes to those who would rant.
We can now wish for more
Coupons at Kohls’ store,
Though Becca’s wishes have a different slant.

Though quinbooka stayed far, far away
Others gave pictures of Halloween day:
Anna Nicole and Einstein,
A beer-holding cat is just fine.
Those pictures – what more can I say!

Is it cheating to Google or IMDB?
I think Shell would like to get off scott-free…
But the girls will just drool –
BNL/GBS are so cool!
While spanking skates is something all will soon see…

2kids began to ask questions Monday,
First about whether we’d ever flown away
By copter, by balloon…
But what kind of loon
Admits to big bunny love in this way?

Some people here like the Amazing Race,
Though for me, it is quite simply a waste.
That is, unless BNL
Got on it as well,
On this issue I might then about-face.

I took a test that told me that I am not cool,
Then Ron Paul and the Sex Pistols made me feel like a fool.
I barely know who they are –
My learnin’ don’t go that far…
But I do know Bakersfield needs to keep God out of school!

This little bit of the poem goes straight out to Nikki.
She tried to get me on still another cruise – tricky!
It won’t work, don’t you see?
Only two cruises for me!
Plus, with John Mayer, I tend to be kinda picky…

Nikki also, it seems, has an acquaintance
Who asks for too much with complaisance.
We all gave advice,
Some was just not so nice,
But one must be an asshole in just such an instance.

Night of the Lepus is a great bad flick,
Starring Janet Leigh, once killed a trick
Of Perkins in Psycho,
A man who did then go
And act with Roger Moore in North Sea Hijack.

Carol Burnett is funny and surely not dead
But if her show is to be purchas-ed
Do you buy just one season
Or a box, all-in-one?
The price for this rises, as many have said.

I now send out “Rock Around the Clock” ***
To those who got a bad weather shock
When they left their abode,
Didn’t see the comet explode.
*** The song’s artist fits in with my schlock.

Becca needs bobz’s ride, but to where?
Whatever. She’s also doing a fair.
Her crafts are quite neat
And always a treat.
Plus, she hangs out with Sarah when she will be there.

Although with the Comedy Quotes, I totally failed
More trivia would be cool – Gary’s I nailed!
With the writer’s strike,
Our writing’s what I like,
Though some, like WildEagle, have totally bailed.

It’s not a good thing to bug an elephant seal –
Wounds from that fun are too much to heal.
And best not to beer pong
By a seal – that’s just wrong.
But the YouTube guys were unreal!

Now is the time to treat “Random Thread.”
Despite Anaria, random still is not dead.
And now, as is fitting
To another topic I’m flitting
Where “The Mist” will keep me out of bed!

Some time in a restaurant, was there bad food?
Or perhaps some old waitress simply was crude?
Maybe trivia of 60s
Is just what can fix these…
Oh, let’s just watch the old girl dance with her dude!



The networks begin to delay the shows,
So there will still be some with snows.
But the snow is now here
Chez Rankin, I fear,
And Snow is Steve’s cousin, you knows!
“Flanders Fields” is a much better thing
Than anything I can write and/or sing.
It helps to remember,
Even just an ember,
Poppies on Sunday are for rememb’ring.
News is certainly the place for some fun
Full of new of boats taking a really good run
And strippers at school.
This news is too cool!
Makes me forget I hate them a ton…
Many topics, unrelated, in this stanza are found –
Green hotels in ‘Cuse and Yoko broke down;
The Next Great American Band
Gets thrown in here by my hand.
I just need to finish before in verse I am drowned.
It’s hard to figure out Worker’s Comp,
So I shall ignore it and will simply romp
To our own ABCs,
Where nobody sees
My skip of a letter, a mistake without pomp.
I’m now almost done with my poem.
Just have to write a bit about home,
And how when you’re far
And can’t get there by car
There can be sadness even while enjoying the roam.
There remains but the Girls and their Talk,
Where you helped with my ex and feed back.
Baby’s dad news’s a frown
Michelle – take him down!
To joyful and you, good vibes without lack!
Well, I’m never doing that again…

No comments:

Post a Comment