Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ukumbusho wa Wiki (7/13/07)

I thought about writing all of this in Swahili, just to be mean, but then I decided that would be too hard. Fortunately for you all, laziness trumps cruelty every time… But maybe I shouldn’t feel too bad about laziness, considering that I’m writing a ridiculously long post for your collective amusement. A ridiculously long post whose main purpose is to facilitate the laziness of those who don’t spend enough time reading this board. OK, I’m not feeling lazy at all now.

For the first time in the Week in Review, all five forums will be reviewed. Way to diversify people!


In the Indian Library:

- binskki posted some extremely amusing photos of a bear and moose enjoying S&DI. Does Sixthman offer a discount for fake furry animals?


Enough of that. Off to the Seven Seas Lobby with us:

- CountAbby, andimarie, and Jackie Lynn (and whoever else they’ve got) are looking for a fifth person to cram into a cabin. Now that I’ve mentioned you guys two weeks in a row, I should totally get the referral. I don’t care if Muppetcoat claimed it first. Or if Nikkipoooo is friends with one of the people in the cabin. I want it!


OK. Greed moment over now. I will now be serious and write about The Victory:

- This week’s radio shows are courtesy of Shell and Barbara at Sixthman (who sends very nice customer service e-mails ).

- There will be a gathering for Ships and Dippers in the Pacific Northwest, finally. It will be hosted by Barenakedesq at her home in Kirkland on September 1 at 2 PM and will be way cooler than anything that those losers down in SoCal can come up with.

- If you must miss the Northwest gathering, there is also the second SoCal gathering on the same day, chez TStarr at 5 PMish.

- If you’re from Boulder or Denver and want to be interviewed, you’ve got your chance.

- The Grand Tour of scotswahay will now include New England. That’s some vacation…

- Only 28 Fridays left before the cruise!!! Only 28 more chances to read Weeks in Review!!!


Enough real information. Time for the Caribbean Lounge:

- Would you believe, when I booked myself onto S&DI, that I thought my first BNL concert would be onboard? That was my excuse for spending so much money. Had to come up with others after going to four BNL concerts that fall… Oh, and other people besides me talked about their first BNL concert.

- The Joe Self auction is going on over at barenaked.net. I really need to go bid in that…

- Is it personal magnetism that makes Eddie Izzard so cool? Must be something…


I hope that the real buffet on the cruise won’t be as busy as The Grand Buffet is here:

- Space Invaders was a cool video game. The live version is possibly even cooler.

- In case your participation on this message board isn’t enough to clue you in, there is now a quiz that can tell you if you are a freak.

- We still don’t know why that Disney employee kept people from getting laid in the 80s, but the contest is over now, so it probably doesn’t matter anymore.

- AZSally is looking for a Canadian publication for her article.

- My big Friday night plans include a bottle of wine, some rice pudding, and Psych.

- People on this board are way too fast at those Zinger things. But can you get this one? 3088 = N. of P. that W. has.

- Many people watched the many Live Earth performances (at least one person even watched some live). And then debated whether or not they were even remotely helpful and whether or not to like Cat Stevens. PV and MG’s daughter was in Hair. I actually watched more of Hair than I did of Live Earth.

- WeedMage’s fish committed suicide. So sad when fishies can’t get the help they need…

- The Fun with Google game didn’t catch on. I think it may have been too hard for people like us, who are still learning our ABCs…

- If you are one of the many people on this board originally from Toronto, exportedmolson might have picked up your garbage.

- There might not be a BNL backlash in Canada. Canadians just have an aversion to standing.

- Yay! Smoking has health benefits! I am so going to start!

- People gave lots of advice about how to stick with a full-time job. I gave some advice too, which is amusing, considering that I haven’t actually had one in about four years…

- Katiesue04’s car got hit with a golf ball that cracked her windshield and opened up a whole bunch of apartment and family issues. Much easier to fix a windshield…

- GJIAGDVYFCN is a rather long, although amusing, acronym.

- A few more people have paid off the cruise. Does that make them cool enough to hang out with me and PA on the cruise? Are you cool enough to hang out with me and PA on the cruise? You are, of course. But it inflates my ego to ask, like I’m all superior or something...

- Kevin writes good songs. Sometimes, I think it’s a little unfair that one band gets to have so much talent all for itself. But usually, I’m OK with it.

- There are more stupid quotes. Some of them are even intelligent.

- There’s a band called Squeeze that’s touring. If I was more educated in the ways of music, I might have some idea of who that is.

- I still want to know where that guy got enough helium-filled balloons to float himself halfway to Idaho…

- Is Harry going to die? He’d just better not… Either way, he’s not a horcrux. We don’t know for sure how it will end, but Harry Potter, like everything else in fiction, would be better if it ended like the Sopranos. No matter how it ends, hopefully the American version won’t be noticeably different from that of the rest of the world.

- Thanks to www.funshipisland.com, I don’t actually have to go on Ships and Dip III! Think of all the money I’ll save!

- Dr. Evil likes the Weather Channel (which is OK. I’m a dork that way too), and one of the meteorologists there likes a band from Toronto. If he has any taste, that band will be BNL. Snow (the singer, not the weather) is Steve’s second cousin and is totally underrated, in my opinion.

- MG finished his red velvet cake (:)) and expensive cookie recipes are probably urban legends.

- Do you talk Yankee or Dixie? Canadians appear to be fairly southern…

- There were a bunch more of those Random Questions from 2kids. I should have said I’d use my extra day to write these Weekly Reviews…

- Garyrulez’s client was on the front of the sports section of USA Today. You’ll notice that this, as usual, tells us very little about Garyrulez, or the actor that plays him.

- WeedMage wasn’t really offended by the very long and slightly confusing political allegory her friend forwarded. Most of us, however, dislike both forwards and telemarketers. Can’t imagine why…

- This week included both 07/07/07 and Friday the 13th. I hope you all scheduled events in your lives around these dates.

- Nikki is trying to get me to go on more cruises. Which I would totally do, if not for this whole starving grad student thing I’m doing.

- You can have an avatar of yourself as a Simpsons character. This makes WE and MG very happy.

- Can anybody think of a more appropriate theme song for the Week in Review than “One Week?”

- Many people are fond of Amicus’ other board. I’m sure I would be too, if this one didn’t already suck away so much of my life.

- It’s cool when actors show up in roles after many years. Although it occasionally causes me to shout out randomly in the middle of shows, “Hey that’s the guy who was on Alf!”

- Hockey is apparently necessary for the very survival of Guy Talk.

- We had a chance to get Sixthman swag. I’m getting a sticker!

- The Someone Who’s Cool video is cool. I definitely need to see these guys as something other than Acid Wish on the next cruise…

- hot monkey sex is a cool thread title. sweaty hot motel monkey sex is even better.

- Flying on airlines can be a pain, especially when flight attendants go on power trips. Almost explains that guy with the deck chair and balloons. It doesn’t explain Garyrulez’s and safinch’s obsession with WildEagle’s legs. I’m not sure anything can explain that.

- The Random Song Titles game is very, very fun. Even when it appears to be haunted by Semi-Charmed Life.

- We must have had a lot of good news this week, since we’ve already filled up 3 pages with it.

- Many people were helpful with advice about which digital camera I should buy. I haven’t exactly figured it out yet, but I’m sure I will soon. Since I want a camera for next week…

- Girl Talk made its triumphant return with sweaty hot motel monkey sex. Also, it’s best not to sleep with married men, even if they look really, really good in certain photos with wine. Maybe we should all get in on the celibacy thing with athousanddreams…

- The Simpsons Trivia is both impressive and kind of terrifying. But who am I to disparage the obsessions of others?

- There should be more stories based on weird photos. And I don’t mean in general. Go write stories!

- Because there hasn’t been enough Simpsons this week, you can find out which character shares your personality. I’m waiting for a Maggie.

- The Evergreen State College mascot is the geoduck. For 22 pages of other such nonsense, check out the random thread.

- If you’re going to go to Hell, certain websites, videos, and pictures are definitely the best way to do it.

- The new Harry Potter movie got some rave reviews, as did the actress playing Tonks.

- We don’t have any threads longer than 137 pages, do we? Because that’s how many pages of ABCs we have…


Now, I’m going to take this Week in Review into the Buffet, where 2kids5cats and T.B.A. are sitting at a table, posting questions and eating onion rings. WildEagle and NiceyDoodle are outside, trying to park their car (that can’t end well ). Someone that might be Amicustoall (not that we’d ever know since she still refuses to have an avatar) is off to the side, kind of watching the posting. And then the PM pop-up noise sounds, so I look up and.

No comments:

Post a Comment