Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Week in Peep (10/5/07)

Sorry Gary.

No witty intro this week ([parenthetical_rant]If you don’t think I’m witty, then you can just keep quiet. Or, better yet, you could write your own weekly review and give me some time off. Wow. What a nice though – a Friday not spent re-reading everything on this board… Not that you’re not all really entertaining, but you do tend to write a lot. Which takes a lot of time to read, not that anyone appreciates how much time that is. You all just skim whatever you feel like and then count on me to recount it all to you in clever little snippets at the end of the week. Why do I bother? What do I get out of all this? What’s the point? Why am I still even asking, since these questions are keeping me from writing the silly thing and then getting on with the important business of my life. I do have one, you know. Despite allegations to the contrary from certain people (you know who you are). I even have a life that has nothing at all to do with this board. Not that the length of this aside is any indication at all.[/parenthetical_rant]).


Instead, we will head straight to The Victory for the important news:

- Which is that drumgroovy will be one of the cool kids on the Riviera Deck! OK, so that’s not particularly important news (sorry, drumgroovy). But this review is principally done in reverse-chronological order, so you’re all just going to have to be patient if you want to read news that actually is important.

- drumgroovy is also 23. He will be smuggling booze aboard (or trying to anyway), in case anybody is thirsty.

- Many people, who are not drumgroovy, like Great Big Sea and would like to see them on the sea.

- If you are arriving at the airport (FLA or MIA) at a weird time, it’s probably more economical to rent a car than to take a taxi for a long distance. I’m sticking with the shuttle myself.

- annaonthemoon was looking for a ride from Orlando to Miami. And appears to have found one in orlbnlfan. Who may be getting a whole bunch of travel companions…

- It is an incredibly long flight to Florida from places like Australia and Singapore. My congratulations and condolences to ephant and drumgroovy for attempting such flights.

- Much advice was given on packing. My only advice is this: listen to nothing, and I do mean nothing, suggested by someone named Garyrulez.

- Is it all the sun that makes Southern Californians such overachievers? Three meet-ups is just rubbing it in, in my opinion.

- Peep.

- Thanks to Frappr, we can all stalk each other quite effectively.

- When I was a rich white kid at camp (an amusing idea, since it was a cheap religious camp that we paid about $100 for), the song was “Alice the Camel.” We didn’t have such things as Sign and Sail cards at camp. But that would have been really fun…

- Lauren has decided which questions are worthy of answers. I didn’t submit any, since I knew I could never be worthy of the awesomeness of Lauren.

- Fin’s still not answering our questions, almost as if the guy has a job or something.

- And, last but not least, there is a host hotel! Actually, several host hotels! Pick your favorite! And if you’re one of my roommates, I hope you like what I picked for you…


Alas, in my excitement about host hotels, I forgot to begin with the Seven Seas Lobby, an error which I shall rectify right now:

- Sounds like Shutterbug is still looking… Help her find a roommate!

- And Bigbaldy may win the prize for best new username/avatar…


Short but sweet, a rare thing on this board… And not something that I regularly expect from the Caribbean Lounge:

- Ed’s eyes are pretty.

- Guster played at Kent State. They were good, although apparently the late night wannabe traveling with them was somewhat less good.

- I still haven’t seen the movie Once. But when I do, I’m sure I’ll want the band on the boat too.

- polyester_angel would like Buck 65 on the boat. She may have requested this before…

- You can pre-order the BNL CD/DVD from Amazon now. I need to send my parents a link for that – it would make a lovely birthday present…

- Jason Plumb will be playing in Toronto on Nov. 22. I will most likely be in Toronto on Nov. 22. This is good.

- drumgroovy and carroway have favorite BNL songs!

- While Yay4BNL and CayCay have least favorite BNL songs!

- And KiaOra2 and Muppetcoat have favorite Carbon Leaf songs!

- Penn State graduates are to be found in many different regions of the country. Although probably not Penn State graduates, Matt Wertz and Joe Firstman (what an appropriate name for a Sixthman cruise…) were recommended as musical acts.


I just have to say that the buffet on the ship this year had better be pretty cool. I would expect nothing less after calling it the Grand Buffet all year:

- KatieSue04’s apartment issues have been settled. Sometimes, the fear of lawyers is a good thing.

- We continued to watch TV when not posting on the message board.

- nvcatgut has paid off the cruise. This makes me jealous. Of course, since the last payment is due rather soon, I guess I won’t have to be jealous for very long. Just broke…

- Don’t let your dogs eat sorbitol. It’s very bad for them and could even cause death. But it’s perfectly OK for humans to eat it… For now…

- Multimedia meatloaf and cookies are now available for your non-dining pleasure.

- All seems to be proceeding happily and well in the future adoption of Baby Boy in WI. Although if the poor child ends up with a name like Girvin, the happiness may not last so long…

- In case you don’t read The Victory sections of this review, let me reiterate how ridiculously far it is from Singapore and Australia to Florida. Especially when you can’t take a direct flight…

- Suddenly, I understand the origins of the discontent expressed at the beginning of this review! Thank you Transportation Magazine of July 1943! Thank you! Now please excuse me while I go freshen my lipstick.

- I must say… Puerto Rico is indeed sounding quite pleasant right now.

- Matt White has a chance to do a McDonald’s commercial! Actually, I’m not sure that this is a prize worth winning…

- Peep.

- Wouldn’t it be cool if superstars convicted of felonies could be sentenced to a normal life? They’d have to go to work, balance their own checkbooks, sit in traffic while commuting or deal with mass transit… And then maybe I could get to live their life during the sentence… Hmmm, I’m liking this idea!

- It’s not that I spend too much time on this board, it’s that all of you spend too little time here.

- Rush Limbaugh is a pompous windbag jerk who has the right to say what he likes. No matter how much time Congress wastes debating that.

- Peep.

- According to the infinite wisdom that is the internet, I will be voting for someone named Chris Dodd in the next election. Hopefully, by then, I will know who he is.

- The Mom Song made both my mom and dad very happy when I sent it to them.

- Minneapolis is an amazing city with a plethora of sights for the eager tourist. They also have a giant cherry on a spoon, which is possibly the greatest thing I’ve ever seen and actually makes me want to visit Minneapolis.

- Peep.

- A brief note to WildEagle: Posting the occasional Stupid Quotes does not satisfy your posting requirements for the week.

- Citibank pop-ups are probably quite annoying. Although I would gladly take a few pop-ups if Citibank would agree to stop sending me credit card bills…

- Men might not be so good with the emotional advice, but at least they make your car go.

- Water for Elephants and Middlesex were recommended for those of you with intellectual aspirations greater than the message board.

- I may need to find out for myself if my roommate is like a Slinky or just a Dildo.

- How does one gain a nickname like “The Oomph Girl?”

- Butter in WI has a nice ring to it…

- The people who managed to either watch, tape, or download The Big Bang Theory enjoyed it. Those of us who haven’t gotten around to any of these activities just read about it.

- Despite a good concert to possibly attract attendees, the people in Philly aren’t moving so fast on the party idea. Maybe if someone from California came to visit…

- sarah11918 had a good experience with someone in a service industry! I’ve been told that this can happen but have rarely experienced such a joyous thing for myself. And we can all join in the celebration of this rarity!

- Peep.

- Guys can be weird, and it’s weirder when they’ve randomly dated your friends in the past. Or if they’re cage fighters. But some guys are like that. Even in Michigan. (massive points to anyone who can guess which children’s book I was thinking of while writing the last two sentences…)

- When I was in high school, I thought I was pretty successful for getting into college with enough scholarship money to pay for it. I hadn’t even heard of BNL until college! Ashley Qualls started a business and is now a millionaire who listens to BNL. Sigh…

- It would have been cool if PA had shown her students A Clockwork Orange for their reward! Of course, I’m a heartless b**** who didn’t cry over Bambi’s mother, so what do I know? Well, thanks to safinch, I now know that Benjamin Franklin played a gay man on Who’s the Boss.

- Time once again to get your wootoff.

- It’s probably not worthwhile to worry about the possibility of no cruise in 2009. It’s much better to make trouble with peeps. And WTP is now my favorite acronym. Ever.

- There are many ways to get yourself into shape for the cruise. Kickboxing is a painful one.

- NiceyDoodle is now working in an office, which means she should be posting more. So far, she seems to just be celebrating Thanksgiving… Which is just making me hungry for turkey!

- Tina Louise is alive and Rankin is a lucky duck. Ah the randomness…

- Carnival needs our help again in order to take over the cruise ship universe.

- Garyrulez respectfully requests that we all watch Friday Night Lights this evening. If I weren’t so busy writing this peepin’ review, I might be setting my DVR right now. However…

- Kunta Kinte in WI will forever be indebted to the ABC thread.

- Peep.


And with that last peep (peep), I must go. There is laundry to be collected from the basement! A DVR to set! Dinner to eat! A night out to embark upon! Ah, yes, I do have a life!

(peep)

No comments:

Post a Comment