Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hangovers are good for recaps. (9/14/07)

Although I can (and will if necessary) blame NikkiPoooo (thus temporarily removing this burden from my roommate) for any potential lateness of this Week in Review, I thought I’d get an early start and possibly actually do something with it before the wild and crazy sightseeing of New York gets started today. And since there was much wild and crazy Gaelic Storming last night, today’s sightseeing is not exactly getting a quick start…


But I’m sure my time here is limited, so I will begin. And I will begin, as so often is the case, with the pleas of those who are seeking passing on our beloved vessel via the Seven Seas Lobby:

- Although it would seem that the only such seeker this week is cricket, who wants someone to come share what sounds like an extremely nice room. I wonder how much she’d charge for a refugee from steerage like myself…


And done! Maybe I will get through this in a reasonable amount of time. Or maybe not. But on to The Victory in the hopes that this might be so:

- A few people were still raving about the SoCal party, as if it were better than the WA state party or something…

- A thread that had lain dormant since November of last year was resurrected so that people could discuss their children’s attendance on the cruise. Or their lack of children’s attendance, as the case may be.

- You can all stop worrying – Oakhurst will be on the cruise.

- Sixthman had the oh-so-hard job of going on a cruise this week. Granted, they were actually working, but that’s beside the point. Thanks to their diligence and dedication to our needs, we now know that the windows don’t open and that the men’s bathrooms are adequate to the needs of dr.evil. Also, whether or not he’s a dreamboat, Tod has left Sixthman.

- Looks like there will be a party on the flight to Miami from Chicago!

- Many people, even those in Canada, got their wristbands. Most of those people have probably been much more dedicated to the cruise than me and have actually worn their wristbands instead of forgetting to put it on every single day…

- It is time to start freaking out about the cruise and harassing Sixthman constantly for info that we MUST HAVE NOW on a regular basis. Since there still isn’t a host hotel (although it’s arrival is promised very soon), that’s probably a good place to start. Or you can just stick with the dirty 80s pop song jokes and give poor Sixthman a break.

- Firefly was a good show. More people should have watched it. The show may have had absolutely nothing to do with ZiggyNJ’s post, but we’re running with the geek reference anyway.

- More people showed up to brag about getting phone calls, multiple phone calls mind you, from BNL. I still hate you all.


Now, although I’m still a little sore from the jigging mania that was Gaelic Storm last night, I will dance on over to the Caribbean Lounge to take care of that stuff:

- I posted pictures of BNL and Guster concerts, which did people absolutely no good if they weren’t willing to register themselves with a corporate entity that would probably inundate them with ads and other annoyances as a result. But I’m too lazy to post them in a free and open way, so that’s all you get. And my camera can still beat up polyester_angel’s camera.

- Guster’s going on a college tour. They tour a lot, don’t they? Cool…

- popinjay and DaWezl both suggested bands for the cruise. More bands! More bands!

- Not that we’re going to need them, what with the unconfirmed-by-Sixthman-but-confirmed-by-just-about-everybody-else inclusion of Carbon Leaf to our cruise! I am so never going to sleep on this boat…

- michelesobo thinks a major omission was made in people’s favorite Guster song lists. I might have included it, but I’m a lowly newbie fan who’d never heard of the song. Sorry!

- Gaelic Storm rocks. As do NikkiPoooo and CountAbby. But, oh, I am so tired now…


And will stagger over to the Grand Buffet, where a vast array of topic choices await my reading and typing pleasure. Of course, if it were slightly less vast, there might be a little more pleasure on my part at the moment, but you all never, ever listen… Anyway, to the recap:

- Lefties play guitars like righties. Unless they’re righties like me who never quite get around to learning the guitar that’s been sitting in the corner for the past year…

- PA dared to express a lack of hatred for a Nickelback video and was virtually pummeled, although said pummeling was somewhat mitigated by the gracious presence of Wayne Gretzky (not so much by Nelly Furtado).

- The free Canadian music was downloadable from a plethora of sources, if you are as tech-savvy as exportedmolson.

- annaonthemoon would like a message board, pre-cruise gathering in Philly. Since I could probably go to such a gathering, I support this idea 100%.

- personal venus loves her cats. Possibly too much…

- People have extravagantly purchased electronics, cars, intriguing-sounding creams, and guitars. This makes me feel a little better about spending my money.

- Exercise is an excellent way to lose weight or at least look better and be leaner. I should really try some of that.

- The Emmys look like they were fun. Especially for those lucky people, Musical Genius and personal venus, who got to go eat the pretty food (or just look at it, in PV’s case). Formal night on the cruise may not be quite so much fun as a major awards ceremony, but dressing up is always entertaining.

- If you are still feeling a burning need to look at my pictures and yet do not want the evil corporate types to sink their talons into your life, http://www.bugmenot.com can help you with that.

- I want Tim Tams! Who will bring me Tim Tams on the cruise???

- For those of you who drive semi-trucks or perhaps those really big mobile homes, there is now a BNL decal for you.

- There appear to be several interesting-sounding games available for the PS2 (not just Guitar Hero), some of which were designed by Joelni. Sometimes I wish I played video games…

- I had a pretty crappy slice of pizza last night. If I could remember where that pizza place was (somewhere in Greenwich Village, possibly very close to the Gaelic Storm concert…), I would totally sue them.

- If you would like to terrify your menstruation into submission, please check out the Girl Talk thread. Relationships, both present and former, are stressful (but I want one!). Dogs are much less stressful, although I’ve known very few guys who were comfortable licking their butts in my presence. And to quote the greatest line posted this week:
Ellen from Saint Louis wrote:
Cay Cay is tinting her carpet to match the drapes.

- There will be a new Indiana Jones movie out next year. Sean Connery will not be in it, which is either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on who you are.

- MS DOS 5 looks way more fun than my operating system! But do I need to get a scary haircut before I install it?

- Sports fans are just plain crazy.

- The guys talked about hot chicks and hockey. So, nothing new there.

- Tell Me You Love Me has a lot of sex in it. And apparently not much else.

- Whacko nutjobs might be a problem, but do they ever give us a lot to debate! And, in case you were worried, we have to watch out for coconuts, vending machines, penicillin-laced chickens, sharks, possibly unhealthy foods, frying turkeys, turkey color wars, Tofurkey, plane crashes, evil showers, suspicious Halloween candy, and blue books.

- If you’re ever caught under a tractor, be like the raccoon.

- It was the anniversary of 9/11 this week. 9/11 sucked.

- We are random people. Thus, the random thread.

- Jon Stewart will be hosting the Oscars again. While we seemed pretty much OK with that, we were somewhat less OK with the movies that actually win these awards.

- Dancing with the Stars seems to be doing a wee bit of bottom scraping for the upcoming season. But that model guy is totally hot, so who really cares?

- Should we be disturbed that a thread called “Stupid Quotes” is often the most intellectually stimulating part of this message board?

- SNL might not be BNL, but it’s still a cool video.

- Thus far, it seems that exportedmolson does not remember Circular Impression.

- Cake is yummy. Which has something or other to do with a band called Pavement, but I’m feeling a little distracted by the dessert right now.

- If Garyrulez appears in your dreams, you probably shouldn’t give him any money.

- JibJab videos can be fun. Although apparently not as much fun as discussing Ed’s jeans. Or seeing really old kids’ clothing ads, whether featuring PV or not.

- That Britney guy (?) might care just a little too much. That cat might be just a little too pissed off.

- They’re still talking about Big Brother, but I still don’t understand any of it (including the whole concept of the show), so I will hold to my silence on this.

- All of the Americans on the cruise will be broke and desperate for Canadians and Brits to buy them drinks. Well, I’ll be desperate for the drinks anyway…

- ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXZ…


And that is all for today. Despite all of my excuses to do this late, this might just be my earliest review yet. Hmmm… Maybe I need more distractions in my life… Excuse me, I need to go think about this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment